Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Greatness of Nature

When I was in high school, I lived in Switzerland. My high school was in a mountainous villege which had about 3000 people. I had to take a mountain railway to go up and down from the village. It was inconvenient to live there, but the view was excellent. I used to go jogging every morning through a big farm and a small path in the woods. Twenty minutes after running through the unpaved path, there is a place called "Eagle's Nest." It is on the cliff hidden by the woods, and there, you can see the Lac Leman sparkling among a sea of clouds. I think the view was the most enchanting one, but I saw a lot of beautiful views in Switzerland and the Alps. Certainly, I know that nature is not always beautiful and kind to people. I was terrified that my eyelid got frozen when I went snowboarding in minus thirty degree. However, I would like to save the nature and enable for the future generation to see these beautiful views. Some people think that they have to control the nature and change it somehow artificially, but I think that we need to find the way to live within the nature and get along with it.

No comments: