Friday, November 7, 2008

The Greening Of That Work Meeting

After reading Jone's article, I think that green collar jobs are a great idea. IF we could replace jobs, boost the economy, and help to create more sustainable industries I honestly see no reason not to. While I do not agree that green jobs would solve all problems or that green jobs are all we need to save our economy I think they are a peice of the bigger puzzle. If greening these jobs allows for the education of workers, this would have a positive influence on the environment. Knowledge is not only power, nor is it simply jobs and a better economy, when it comes to the environment knwoeledge is fear. I think perhaps maybe we need to be afraid, becasue fear mobalizes us, it brings us together, and turns us into civilains rather than only consumers. Mostly I think green jobs would help the economy and would help to spread knowledge which would mean good things for the environment. Still, like I said this is just one step in the right direction.
-Tess

No comments: